College of Business & Technology
College of Business and Technology Student Organizations and Honor Societies
As a student at WIU in the College of Business and Technology (CBT), you have numerous opportunities to get involved. These opportunities will help you meet other students in your major and you’ll get a chance to see some really terrific guest speakers. In addition, you’ll develop relationships with enormous networking benefits. The possibilities are endless! Really!
Student Organizations register with the Office of Student Activities to ensure they are recognized by the University and can receive important resources that help ensure the success of their organizations. Every active student organization is required to re-register on PurplePost 2.0 every Spring. This ensures officer and advisor information, organization constitutions, and other important information about the organization is regularly updated. View detailed registration information.
Tips & Guidelines
- Be sure to keep your organization in good standing with Student Activities.There are many benefits to working with Student Activities and registering your organization. Check it out! They’re a great group of people and can help you in so many ways!
- Promote your organization via the OSA Activities Fair. This is a terrific way to get the word out about your organization and what you do.
- Set programming goals and work to develop the potential of all members. Visit the Office of Student Activities to get involved.
Beta Gamma Sigma
Beta Gamma Sigma is the international honor society serving business programs accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma is the highest recognition a business student anywhere in the world can receive in a business program accredited by AACSB International.
Students are selected based on GPA and notified by the College of Business and Technology dean. Learn more at the Beta Gamma Sigma website.
CBT Student Organization Council (SOC)
The Student Organization Council is a student advisory council made up of the presidents and vice-presidents from CBT college and department organizations. This group meets twice a semester.
Delta Sigma Pi - Lambda Omicron
Delta Sigma Pi is a co-ed professional business fraternity that hosts numerous professional, social, and community service events throughout the school year. With over 265,000 members worldwide, Delta Sigma Pi provides an array of opportunities and resources including an extensive alumni network.
The Lambda Omicron Chapter is located at Western Illinois University in Macomb, Illinois. Our chapter works extensively with the College of Business and Technology, as well as the surrounding community. By focusing on brotherhood, community service, and professional development, our members learn the skills necessary to become leaders both in the classroom and after graduation.Find us on PurplePost
Women in Business
Women in Business (WIB) is an undergraduate organization dedicated to providing young women with a strong alumni network and an array of professional, academic, and career developing activities. WIB desires to develop and foster relationships among current students, potential students, alumni, faculty, staff, and business leaders. The organization further promotes the role of women both within Western Illinois University and the world beyond the university’s gates, through opportunities for women to express their role in today's society. WIB offers a forum to discuss the issues and challenges women face within the business sphere and supplies activities that prepare members to overcome these social barriers. This involves opportunities for members to develop both professionally and personally, empowers women through various activities and seminars, and enlightens Western Illinois University as a whole on the issues facing women in business. WIB grants female students interested in promoting the role of professional women the chance to share experiences, find support, and develop constructive plans for action.Find us on PurplePost
Department of Accounting & Finance
- Beta Alpha Psi (BAP)
- Finance Club
- Society of Accountancy (SOA)
- The Student Chapter of the Institute of Management Accountants
School of Agriculture
- Agricultural Council
- Agricultural Education Club
- Agribusiness Club
- Agricultural Mechanization Club
- Agronomy Club
- Alpha Gamma Rho Fraternity
- Alpha Gamma Sigma Fraternity
- Alpha Zeta
- Collegiate Farm Bureau
- Collegiate FFA (CFFA)
- Forestry Club
- Hoof-N-Horn Club
- Horticulture Club
- Livestock Judging Learn more
- Sigma Alpha Sorority
School of Computer Science
- Computer Science Association - a student chapter of the Association of Computing Machinery
- Management Information Systems Association
- Upsilon Pi Epsilon International Honor Society for the Computing and Information Disciplines
Department of Economics & Decision Sciences
- Economics Student Association
- Omicron Delta Epsilon - The International Honor Society for Economics
School of Engineering
Department of Engineering Technology
- Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT)
- Graphic Communication Club
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- Western Illinois Construction Management Association (WICMA)
Department of Management & Marketing
- Marketing Club
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Supply Chain Management Student Association