School of Computer Sciences
Welcome to the School of Computer Sciences
Welcome to the School of Computer Sciences at Western Illinois University. Our mission is to provide our students with an exceptional and comprehensive education in computer science, network technologies, information systems, and other associated professional disciplines.
Our graduates enjoy a wide range of exciting and interesting careers as systems analyst, database administrators, network administrators, operating systems programmers, software engineers, web software developers, network analysts, LAN specialists, distributed systems analysts, telecommunications analysts, and systems security administrators.
- Computer Science
- Traditional option
- Microcomputer Applications option
- Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Network Technologies
- Undergraduate students: Approximately 250
- Graduate students: Approximately 140
- Faculty: 26
- The Computer Science Minor is available online as well as on campus in Macomb.
- The Masters of Computer Science is the most popular graduate degree at WIU.
- The bachelor's degrees in Computer Science, Information Systems, and Network Technologies can be completed in 4 years or less with WIU's GradTrac program.
Integrated Baccalaureate and Master's Degree
Bachelor and Master of Science in Computer Science: Please refer to the graduate catalog for detailed information.
Why Choose Computer Science at WIU?
Our students have access to leading-edge computing technology in the School of Computer Sciences. You will gain experience on a variety of computing equipment.
- Laboratories full of the latest microcomputers from Dell and Apple
- A networking laboratory with CISCO networking equipment
- Enterprise-class computers from SUN Microsystems
- A large IBM Mainframe
With the experience you'll gain at WIU, you'll be well equipped to make key technology decisions during your working career.
Our faculty have a variety of experience, degrees, and research interests. At WIU, you will learn from experts in artificial intelligence, computer architecture, computer graphics, computer languages, databases, distributed processing, networking, simulation, and software engineering.
- Aug 12, 2016: WIU Allison Organic Farm Field Day
- Sep 7, 2016: WIU Greenhand Conference
- Sep 8, 2016: Professional Development Series
- Sep 10, 2016: Ag Day Football Game
- Sep 14, 2016: Beta Alpha Psi (BAP) Meet the Firms
- Sep 21, 2016: Supply Chain Management (SCM) Day
- Entries Open for 45th Annual WIU...
- Engineering Technology Scholarships
- Graduation List, Spring 2016
- WIU Agronomy Field Day June 23
- WIU Spring 2016 Dean's List
- Area Students Take Part in WIU...
- Finance Professor Receives...
- Accounting Students Place Third at...