School of Computer Sciences
Welcome to the School of Computer Sciences
Welcome to the School of Computer Sciences at Western Illinois University. Our mission is to provide our students with an exceptional and comprehensive education in computer science, network technologies, information systems, and other associated professional disciplines.
Our graduates enjoy a wide range of exciting and interesting careers as systems analyst, database administrators, network administrators, operating systems programmers, software engineers, web software developers, network analysts, LAN specialists, distributed systems analysts, telecommunications analysts, and systems security administrators.
- Computer Science (Bachelor of Science)
- Information Systems (Bachelor of Science)
- Network Technologies (Bachelor of Science)
- Computer Science/MBA Integrated Degree Program
- Computer Science
- Traditional option
- Microcomputer Applications option
- Information Systems
- Network Technologies
Why Choose Computer Science at WIU?
Our students have access to leading-edge computing technology in the School of Computer Sciences. You will gain experience on a variety of computing equipment.
- Laboratories full of the latest microcomputers from Dell and Apple
- A networking laboratory with CISCO networking equipment
- Enterprise-class computers from SUN Microsystems
- A large IBM Mainframe
With the experience you'll gain at WIU, you'll be well equipped to make key technology decisions during your working career.
Our faculty have a variety of experience, degrees, and research interests. At WIU, you will learn from experts in artificial intelligence, computer architecture, computer graphics, computer languages, databases, distributed processing, networking, simulation, and software engineering.
- Undergraduate students: Approximately 225
- Graduate students: Approximately 80
- Faculty: 24
- The Computer Science Minor is available online as well as on campus in Macomb.
- The Masters of Computer Science is the most popular graduate degree at WIU.
- The bachelor's degrees in Computer Science, Information Systems, and Network Technologies can be completed in 4 years or less with WIU's GradTrac program.
- Sep 3, 2015: Ag Day Football Game - Leatherneck's Season Opener
- Sep 10, 2015: Professional Development Series
- Sep 11, 2015: Professional Development Series
- Sep 14, 2015: Professional Development Series
- Sep 14, 2015: Society for Human Resource Management
- Sep 15, 2015: Professional Development Series
- Sep 16, 2015: Professional Development Series
- Sep 16, 2015: Supply Chain Management Day
- Sep 16, 2015: Study Abroad Business Practices and Culture of Ireland Informational Meeting
- Sep 17, 2015: Professional Development Series
- 'Peace Car' at Ag Day/Football...
- WIU 2015 CBT Professional...
- Vote for WIU School of Ag at Farm...
- WIU to Hold Activities, Local...
- Ag Students Selected as Natl. Ag...
- Ag Day at WIU Football Season Opener...
- Delta Sigma Pi Blood Drive Aug. 26
- WIU Supply Chain Management Day...