Accounting & Finance
Welcome to the Department of
Accounting & Finance
State-of-the Art Accounting and Business Education - AACSB Accredited
For students in Accounting and Finance, WIU is the best of both worlds!
WIU is large enough to have outstanding faculty, an excellent library, and state-of-the-art computer equipment and technology, but small enough so a student is not lost in a crowd. Accounting and Finance students and their faculty mentors get to know each other in an environment that encourages a spirit of cooperation and the sharing of information and knowledge.
Integrated Baccalaureate and Master's Degree
Earn TWO degrees in just five years! Several options are available.
- Bachelor of Business in Accountancy/Master of Accountancy - Download the Brochure (pdf)
- Bachelor of Business in Accountancy/Master of Business Administration - Download the Brochure (pdf)
- Bachelor of Business in Finance/Master of Business Administration - Download the Brochure (pdf)
Please refer to the graduate catalog for detailed information about the integrated programs.
The excellence of the faculty and curriculum is recognized by the accreditation of all undergraduate and graduate programs in business by the The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). The Accounting program holds a distinct AACSB International accounting accreditation, an achievement awarded to less than 170 accounting programs in the United States and Canada.
AACSB Accreditation is known, worldwide, as the longest standing, most recognized form of specialized/professional accreditation an institution and its business programs can earn.
Master of Accountancy
MBA - Finance Concentration
Student Organization Events
View our student organizations on PurplePost to learn more.
- Beta Alpha Psi (BAP)
- Finance Club
- Society of Accountancy (SOA)
- Student Chapter of the Institute of Management Accountants (SCIMA)
- Mar 28, 2017: Supply Chain Management Program Open House
- Mar 29, 2017: Agriculture Mechanics and Horticulture Invitational
- Apr 1, 2017: CBT 50th Anniversary Trivia Night
- Apr 7, 2017: WIU FFA Livestock Judging Contest
- Apr 7, 2017: 58th Ralph Dirksen Tech Expo and Engineering Technology Open House
- Apr 7, 2017: School of Engineering Open House
- Apr 11, 2017: Jeffrey Hayzlett Keynote Address
- Apr 19, 2017: Human Resource Alumni Reunion and Student Networking Event
- May 5, 2017: School of Engineering Open House
- Knoblauch Café Creations: Bruschetta
- Freshmen and Seniors Asked to...
- WIU CBT Hosts Trivia Night April 1
- Social and Watch Parties for WIU...
- Prices Up at 45th Annual WIU...
- School of Ag to Hold Chili Cook-Off
- Top Business Students Invited to...
- School of Agriculture to Host Open...