College of Business & Technology
At WIU, the undergraduate and graduate programs in accountancy and all business fields are accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The criteria and standards are applied in all departments and all majors to ensure a quality educational experience for all students.
Why AACSB International Accreditation?
AACSB International accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools, worldwide. Institutions that earn accreditation confirm their commitment to quality and continuous improvement through a rigorous and comprehensive peer review. AACSB International accreditation is the hallmark of excellence in management education.
AACSB International accreditation assures stakeholders that business schools:
- Manage resources to achieve a vibrant and relevant mission.
- Advance business and management knowledge through faculty scholarship.
- Provide high-caliber teaching of quality and current curricula.
- Cultivate meaningful interaction between students and a qualified faculty.
- Produce graduates who have achieved specified learning goals.
AACSB Reaffirmation of Accreditation
In the Spring 2010, the College of Business and Technology completed the maintenance of accreditation process through AACSB International. April 18, 2010 the College was reaffirmed as an AACSB member institution in both Business and Accounting. Read about CBT's Assessment of Learning