The uTech Support Center can provide assistance for many technical issues. Choose from several ways to obtain assistance or request service. Our goal is to assist WIU students, faculty and staff in their educational, instructional, and administrative endeavors by providing responsive and professional support for WIU services.
Visit Western's Knowledgebase at http://www.wiu.edu/kb to access a wide variety of self-help documentation on topics that include:
- Campus resources
- Getting connected
- WesternOnline (WIU online courses)
- Zimbra (WIU email/calendar/collaboration)
- Operating Systems (Windows 7 and Mac OS X)
- Mobile device tips
Visit the uTech Support Center in Stipes Hall room 126 for:
- In-person password resets and account assistance for ECom, STARS and WIUP
- Test scoring
- Evaluation processing
- Mobile device and Secure wireless assistance
- General information
Call the uTech Support Center at (309) 298-2704 for additional assistance with:
- Password resets and account assistance for ECom, STARS and WIUP
- Getting connected in your residence hall room
- Assistance with classroom technology
- Common software applications like Word, Excel, Windows or OS X
- WIU web resources like WesternOnline or Zimbra
- Hardware service for your WIU-owned computers and printers
While our phone support technicians are able to solve many issues during your first phone call, some requests will need to be escalated to another specialized uTech or college/division technician.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request non-urgent assistance or request a service.