Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Government and legal information available at WIU on related topics:
- Center for Substance Abuse Research (CESAR)
- CESAR collects, analyzes, and disseminates information on substance abuse and related problems. Their web site contains information on drugs, AIDS and prevention, criminal justice, legislation, treatment programs, and drug policies in the workplace. Includes weekly news and announcements as well as links to other resources on substance abuse.
- The National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information
- Need to talk to someone about substance abuse? Think someone you care about is using/abusing? This site, a service of SAMSHA (Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration), has Fact Sheets on drugs, alcohol and smoking to help you know the facts, the risks, and the signs.
- The National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence
- National Council provides education, information, advice, help and hope to the public in the fight against alcoholism and other drug addictions. It advocates prevention, intervention and treatment through offices in New York and Washington, and a nationwide network of Affiliates.
- The National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information A service of SAMHSA.
- This is a searchable directory of web sites about alcohol and drug abuse prevention and treatment programs of government agencies and the private sector.
- Preventing Substance Abuse Among Children and Adolescents: Family-Centered Approaches
- Part of the Prevention Enhancement Protocols System (PEPS) series initiated by the Center for Substance Abuse Prevention in the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (CSAP/SAMHSA) to systematically evaluate both research and practice evidence on substance abuse prevention and make recommendations for the field.
- HE20.408:C43/3 Reference Guide; HE20.408:C43/2 Parent and Community Guide; HE20.408:C43 Practitioners Guide
WIU Libraries is now a PTRC!
Browse by Topic
- Civil War (U.S.)
- Constitutional Issues
- Foreign Affairs
- Illinois History
- Illinois Sites
- Indigenous Peoples
- McDonough County
- Social Issues
- Substance Abuse