Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Government and legal information available at WIU on related topics:
- Census Bureau
- A wealth of information including social, demographic and economic statistics is offered through this searchable database.
- Illinois Quickfacts
- Includes data for counties and available 2010 Census information
- McDonough County Census Statistics
- Links include STF 1A & STF 3A tables, as well as files from USA Counties and County Business Patterns. Link to other counties from here as well.
- WIU Fact Book (2001-2010)
- This book has statistics on WIU students: enrollment, major, and campus by race, gender and county/state/country of origin. For some updated figures see: Headcounts and FTE Enrollments.
- IPEDS for WIU
- This data includes finance and demographic data for Western Illinois University.
- American FactFinder
- Quickly find census data by state, county, or place; also access the American Community Survey.
- The Integrated Public Use Microdata Series is a tool for advanced hard data users. This free site requires registration in order to receive the data reports that a user creates. The data available include the largest collection of individual level decennial census data anywhere and annual Current Population Survey data. Also see IPUMS-International.
- Census 2000 Data Products Listed by Subject
- This is an alphabetical list of information items, from 'ability to speak English' to 'year structure built', which points (not links) to the data product(s) where the information can be found.
- TIGER Map Service
- This service will produce maps from state-level to block groups with selected variables. Visit early a.m. as it tends to get swamped.
- School District Demographics
- Provides acess to school district geographic and demographic data useful for describing and analyzing characteristics of school districts, children, and K-12 education
- University of Virginia County and City Data Book 1944-2000
- Interactive! The good people of the University of Virginia Social Sciences Data Center have created an interactive database that lets users customize their own data sets. A wide variety of variables for states, counties, cities and places is at your disposal.
- County Business Patterns
- Interactive! Employment, wage, and establishment data for both states and counties is presented here. CBP 1977-forward. Or try CBP from the Census Bureau -- 1993 thru forward.
- This database lets you find earnings by occupation, education, age, race, and gender.
- Gross State Product
- This site provides access to state data for information such as wage and salary disbursements by industry, personal income by major source and earnings by industry.
- Historical, Social, Economic and Demographic Data from the U.S. Decennial Census
- Interactive! This site lets you choose variables within a given census (1790 to 1960), then provides you with a table showing the results.
- Current Population Survey
- Find reports and tables on earnings, employment problems, education & training, labor force projections, international comparisons and poverty, to name a few.
- U.S. Census Bureau International Database
- Demographic and socio-economic statistics from all countries--some data back to 1950. There is summary data for each country or choose from a list of tables that include population breakdowns, vital rates, lifetables, migration rate, marital status, contraceptive use, religious affiliation, language, and literacy. Includes options for browser display and downloading into spreadsheets, and also a user-configurable option.
WIU Libraries is now a PTRC!
Browse by Topic
- Civil War (U.S.)
- Constitutional Issues
- Foreign Affairs
- Illinois History
- Illinois Sites
- Indigenous Peoples
- McDonough County
- Social Issues
- Substance Abuse