Important Dates & Deadlines
- Graduation applications must be filed with the Graduation Department in the Office of the Registrar by March 20, 2015, for names to appear in the commencement program.
- The form can be printed from www.wiu.edu/registrar
forms/graduation.pdf for submission.
- Attending commencement does not guarantee graduation. All academic requirements must be complete and all paperwork on file in the Office of the Registrar by May 29, 2015, before diplomas are awarded (undergraduates only).
Cap & Gown Orders
The University Bookstore is the sole source provider of officially licensed Western Illinois University graduation regalia. To ensure you receive the correct Western Illinois University commencement wear, please order your caps and gowns from the University Bookstore only.
- Caps, gowns and tassels are available from the University Union beginning TBA
- The cost is $30.00, plus tax, for undergraduates. Orders may be shipped via UPS through TBA.
- For more information, visit www.bookstore.wiu.edu/Graduation_ep_48.html.
- The University Union Bookstore and Document and Publication Services (DPS) offer two different styles of graduation announcements. See their respective websites for more information.
- Students must have their graduation application on file in the Office of the Registrar by March 20, 2015, in order for their names to appear in the program.
- Students who have invoked the Privacy Act will not have their names printed in the program or released to their local media by University Relations, unless they sign a release form at the Office of the Registrar.
Grad Prep Day
Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Riverfront Campus Lobby, Quad Cities Campus
Thursday, April 16, 2015, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - University Union Concourse, Macomb
For more information, visit www.wiu.edu/Alumni.