Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
University Relations at Western Illinois University
Under the direction of Darcie Shinberger, assistant vice president of advancement & public services, the Office of University Relations promotes Western Illinois University’s mission and goals to the public.
- News writers, an editor and office staff;
- Publications staff, who produce high-quality materials supporting Western’s marketing, advancement, development, student recruitment, and orientation and retention efforts;
- Visual Production Center (VPC), which produces graphic and photographic materials in support of instruction, public relations, publications, television and grants;
- Freedom of Information requests; and
- the University's social media initiatives.
University Relations staff work with media representatives, community leaders, state and federal officials, Western administrators, students, faculty, staff and alumni, and the public. The office develops and produces a wide array of publications and other forms of communication designed to disseminate information about the University, its programs, faculty, students and alumni.