- In the event of a utility failure, notify the Physical Plant at (309) 298-1834.
- If there is danger to building occupants, or if the utility failure occurs after 4:30 p.m., weekends, or holidays, call OPS at 911 or (309) 298-1949.
- If individuals cannot exit the building using the stairs, they should proceed to an Area of Safe Refuge to await further assistance.
- If a fire breaks out, do not use the elevators.
- Once outside the building, move to a clear area away from the affected building. Keep walkways clear for emergency vehicles.
- Do not return to an evacuated building unless instructed to do so by OPS.
Not all buildings are equipped with an emergency light system that will provide enough illumination in corridors and stairs for safe exiting. Therefore, it is advisable for departments to have flashlights available.
If you are trapped in an elevator, use the emergency telephone to notify OPS. If the elevator does not have an emergency telephone, turn on the emergency alarm (located on the front panel) which will signal your need for help.
Cease using all electrical equipment. Notify the Physical Plant at (309) 298-1834. If necessary, vacate the area.
VACATE THE AREA. DO NOT SWITCH ON LIGHTS OR ANY ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT. REMEMBER: Electrical arcing can trigger an explosion! Notify OPS at 911 or (309) 298-1949 and the Physical Plant at (309) 298-1834.
Steam Line Failure
Immediately notify the Physical Plant at (309) 298-1834. If necessary, vacate the area.
If smoke or any odor comes from the ventilation system, cease all operations and vacate the area. Then, notify the Physical Plant at (309) 298-1834.