Chemical or Radiation Spill
- Report chemical or radioactive material spill immediately to OPS - 911 or (309) 298-1949.
- If directed to do so by OPS, activate the alarm.
- When reporting, be specific about the nature and location of spilled material. OPS will contact the necessary authorities.
- Persons not trained in spill techniques should immediately evacuate the area.
- If individuals cannot exit the building using the stairs, they should proceed to an Area of Safe Refuge to await further assistance.
- If a fire breaks out, do not use the elevators.
- Once outside, move to a clear area away from the affected buildings. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel. If requested, assist OPS.
- Do not return to an evacuated building unless instructed to do so by OPS.
- Anyone who may be contaminated by the spill should avoid contact with others.