Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Office of Sponsored Projects - Administering Grants and Research Projects
The mission of the Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP) at Western Illinois University is to provide comprehensive support services to the University community for the successful administration of externally sponsored projects.
OSP is committed to providing a full range of administrative services to the faculty, staff, and administrative units at Western. The goal of the OSP staff is to deliver our support services in an efficient and professional manner, which is in full compliance with external sponsoring agency guidelines.
Shannon Sutton, Director
Contact Shannon for matters related to the review and approval of proposals to ensure compliance with:
University and agency policies and procedures
authorized organizational representative approval (official University signature for proposals in addition to certification, assurances, and representation), and
administration of University Research Council (URC) selection and awards.
Jill Marshall, Pre-Award Services
Contact Jill for
- assistance with funding searches,
- procurement of grant application materials,
- development of proposals and budgets,
- electronic submission of proposals, and
- requests for internal approval forms.
Jennifer Scott, Grants and Contract Administrator I
Contact Jennifer for services involving
the administration of awards, including the receipt and negotiation of all award documents;
- account establishment;
- review and processing of all requests for modifications, extensions, and amendments of sponsored projects and processing of payroll forms.
Meagan Kramer, Grants and Contracts Administrator I
Contact Meagan for services including
- the administration of awards, including the receipt and negotiation of all award documents;
- account establishment;
review and processing of all requests for modifications, extensions, and amendments of sponsored projects and processing of payroll forms.
Jacqueline Tharpe, Compliance Specialist
- questions about human and animal subjects in research and
Institutional Review Board (IRB) policies and procedures.
Tracy Meredith, Staff Clerk
- the copying, mailing, and tracking of all proposals;
- maintaining the database of proposals and awards;
- making arrangements for workshops and seminars;
- administration of URC awards; and
- performing all those other assignments that keep the office running efficiently.