Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Interview Clothing Drive for Students thru Jan. 18
December 12, 2012
MACOMB, IL – The Western Illinois University Council of Academic Advisors (COAA) and the University's Office of Career Services are sponsoring an Interview Clothing Drive through Friday, Jan. 18 (2013). According to Caryn Morgan, academic advisor for the College of Arts and Sciences, the goal of the drive is to collect professional clothing or accessories to distribute to students in need of items for career fairs or interviews.
Collection boxes are currently available across campus (locations listed below).
"Our hope is to distribute collected clothing and accessories to students who wouldn't otherwise be able to afford it," Morgan said. "Currently students in this situation are faced with choosing not to attend a career fair and/or interview, wearing something that is not appropriate in some way (fit, style, etc.) or taking on additional debt to purchase something new."
Morgan noted the donated clothing will be distributed for one-to-two days during the week starting Monday Jan. 28, 2013 (after students have returned for the spring semester), in the University Concourse. There is a career fair the following week (Tuesday, Feb. 5), she said.
Donation boxes are available at the following locations on the WIU Macomb campus:
- Horrabin Hall – College of Education and Human Services Dean's Office, room 117
- Knoblauch Hall - first floor, near elevator
- Leslie F. Malpass Library - second floor, near security gates
- Memorial Hall - Career Services Office, room 125
- Morgan Hall – College of Arts and Sciences Dean's Office, room 114
- Multicultural Center - first floor lobby
- Sherman Hall - near Office of the Registrar, room 110
- Stipes Hall - first floor near elevators
- University Union - administrative office hallway
Morgan or another member of the COAA are also able to pick up donations from anyone who is not near a collection point or prefers to donate that way.
For more information, contact Morgan at (309) 298-1610 or via email at CN-Morgan@wiu.edu.
Posted By: WIU News, University Relations
Phone: (309) 298-1993 * Fax: (309) 298-1606