Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Want to know how many students attend WIU? What's a typical class size, and how many classes are taught by full-time faculty rather than graduate students? Find the answer to these questions--and much more--below. The numbers below represent total figures for both our WIU-Macomb and WIU-Quad Cities campuses. For more fast facts and a breakdown of figures for both campuses, view a downloadable brochure (PDF) here.
Top Five Majors (Undergraduate)
Top Five Majors (Graduate)
- Educational Leadership
- Business Administration
- Instructional Design & Technology
- Elementary Education
Western Illinois Athletics
- School Colors: Purple and Gold
- Mascot: Rocky and Col. Rock III
- Nickname: Leathernecks
- Intercollegiate athletics fields 10 men’s teams and 10 women’s teams.
- Football competes in the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) through the Missouri Valley Football Conference.
- All other Leathernecks sports compete at the NCAA Division I level as members of the The Summit League.
- Any prospective student or current student interested in participating in any NCAA Division I intercollegiate athletics sport should contact Tim M. Van Alstine, Director of Athletics (T-Vanalstine@wiu.edu)/(309) 298-1190 or Matt Tanney, Associate Director of Athletics (M-Tanney@wiu.edu)/(309) 298-2611.
Total Enrollment: 12,205
- Total Undergraduate Students: 10,263
- Total Graduate Students: 1,942
- WIU-Macomb Campus: 10,003
- Macomb Undergraduates: 9,001
- Macomb Graduates: 1,002
WIU-Quad Cities Campus: 1,204
- WIU-QC Undergraduates: 673
- WIU-QC Graduates: 531
- Extension: 998
Minority Population: 2,902 (24.8%)
- African American: 1,784 (15.3%)
- Asian: 105 (0.9%)
- Hispanic: 780 (6.7%)
- American Indian: 24 (0.2%)
- Pacific Islander: 10 (0.1%)
- Two or more ethnicities: 199 (1.7%)
Macomb Campus Facts
- Illinois: 9,751 (90.1%)
- Iowa: 342 (3.4%)
- Out-of-state (excludes Iowa): 290 (2.9%)
- International: 328 (3.3%)
Mean ACT, Fall 2012 Freshmen: 20.7
Mean GPA (Undergraduate): 3.04
These numbers are current as of October 2012. Unless indicated, the figures represent totals for Macomb and Quad Cities campuses.