School of Agriculture
Agricultural Education Club
The Agriculture Education Club at Western Illinois University strives to educate the future of our society about the agricultural industry, while also constantly striving to enhance our own personal knowledge of agriculture in business, production, and technology.
"Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means." - Albert Einstein
"Six essential qualities are the key to success: sincerity, personal integrity, humility, courtesy, wisdom, charity." - William Menninger
"To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Illinois Association of Vocational Agriculture Teachers (IAVAT) Student Branch
Ag Teachers from around the state of Illinois come to talk to current Ag Ed students about their job and provide advice and ideas for curriculum, labs, CDEs, etc.
CFFA & Ag Ed Club Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser
Each semester the CFFA and Ag Ed Club work together to put on a pancake breakfast in Knoblauch from 7:00-11:00 a.m. This is open to all WIU students, faculty, and staff to attend. The money raised is used to allow the cFFA to put on CDE's for high school FFA students.
Ag Ed Senior Trip
In the fall, the Ag Ed seniors take a trip. In 2008 the seniors went to Chicago and New York. The students were able to go to a Cubs game and visit various other places.
Judge for CDE's Hosted by CFFA
- Illinois State Job Interview
- Illinois State Ag Issues
- Section 11 Public Speaking
- Section 11 & Invitational Horticulture/Ag Mechanics
Section 11 Greenhand Conference
Ag Ed students instruct the various workshops that are included in the conference.
Dr. Andrew Baker
Knoblauch Hall 145
2014 - 2015 Officers
- Kaylyn Schiber, President - KM-Schiber@wiu.edu
- Trent Taber, Vice President PAS - TJ-Taber@wiu.edu
- Jennifer Honnold, Vice President AgEd - JN-Honnold@wiu.edu
- Tori Waller, Secretary - TD-Waller@wiu.edu
- Sarah Farmer, Treasurer - SA-Farmer@wiu.edu
- Taylor Speckhart, Reporter - TS-Speckhart@wiu.edu
- Riley Hintzche, State PAS Representative - RJ-Hintzche@wiu.edu
- Mallory Munster, Ag Council Representative - MN-Munster@wiu.edu
- Greg Kirlin, Ag Council Representative - GD-Kirlin@wiu.edu