Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Campus Connection Submissions for February 15, 2013
- Canon, Dixie A., Staff Clerk, Center for Preparation of Education Professionals, 2/25/13.
- Kramer, Meagan E., Grants and Contracts Administrative I, Sponsored Projects, 2/1/13.
- Lane, Mary E., Office Support Specialist, Registrar, 2/11/13.
- McMurtery, Mary C., Office Manager, Curriculum and Instruction, 1/22/13.
- Mohon, Jeccica C., Financial Aid Advisor, Financial Aid, 2/11/13.
- Switzer, Christopher A., Chief Clerk, Curriculum and Instruction, 2/18/13.
- McCormick, Joyce A., Cashier II, UU Service Center, 1/20/13.
- Wells, Corrina J., Collection Specialist, Billing and Receivables, 1/25/13.
- Swanson, Catherine L., Office Support Specialist, Institute for Rural Affairs, 1/31/13.
The University Research Council (URC) has announced that the deadline for the FY2014 Internal Grants Competition is 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, April 9, 2013. This competition is for projects that will be conducted from July 1, 2013 – June 30, 2014.
URC support is intended to promote research, or its scholarly equivalent, in appropriate fields by providing seed money for the initiation of new, one-year projects. Priority will be given to those proposals that are likely to result in external funding and publication in peer-refereed journals, or exhibitions and performances.
Eligible applicants include tenured or tenure-track faculty members who are not members of the URC at the time of application. An individual may not be an applicant or co-applicant on more than one proposal per funding cycle.
Proposed projects may not be for dissertation research or used in any way to fulfill degree requirements. In addition, projects cannot be considered for textbook writing, curriculum development or personal development.
Application materials are available on the OSP website at www.wiu.edu/sponsored_projects/urc/urc_guide_and_forms.php
Remember that this is the only competition for FY2014. The URC holds one annual competition each year with project dates to coincide with the fiscal year of July 1 – June 30. All future funding cycles and deadline dates will follow a similar pattern with a deadline in early/mid-April for projects that begin on July 1.
OSP will conduct 2 technical assistance workshops for those interested in applying to the FY 2014 competition. The workshops will be held on March 4, 2013 and March 7, 2013 from 3-4 p.m. in the Library, room 180. Please register with CITR at www.wiu.edu/CITR or call OSP at 298-1191.
Please nominate an outstanding academic advisor for the month. Please click link for eligibility and criteria. http://www.wiu.edu/advising/docs/nomination.pdf. Deadline for Nominations: 4 p.m. the last Tuesday of February, March and April. For questions, contact committee Chair - Lisa Melz-Jennings (309) 298-1721.