Quad Cities Campus
About Western Illinois University-Quad Cities
What's great about Western Illinois University-Quad Cities?
We are now a leading university with a campus in the Quad Cities, a residential campus in Macomb, and extension and distance learning programs.
With an outstanding, diverse faculty and staff committed to multicultural and international education, Western Illinois University-Quad Cities offers undergraduate and graduate programs of study to students from Illinois, across the nation, and around the world. View Timeline
Photo Gallery: Explore Campus and Meet our Students!
Located in the heart of the Mississippi, the Quad Cities is served by several major roads (I-88, I-74, and several major state highways), an international airport, bus service and taxi services.
The Quad Cities has its own International Airport with services to major cities across the United States. There is also a complete public transportation system that interconnects Iowa and Illinois. Taxi services operate 24/7 and you can even take a ride on the Channel Cat Water Taxi. Wherever you need to go, there is a way to get there!
- The Princeton Review: Western ranked a “Best Midwestern College"
- U.S. News & World Report: WIU recognized as a top tier "Best Regional University"
- G.I. Jobs Magazine: Western Illinois named a "Military Friendly School”
- Military Times EDGE Magazine: WIU named "Best for College"
- Forbes: Western listed among the best of 650 institutions in the country
- Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- U.S. President's Honor Roll for Service