"Best Midwestern College" & "Top Tier Midwestern University" Among WIU Honors
For 11 consecutive years, U.S. News and World Report has named Western Illinois University a "Best Midwestern University" and for 12 years, The Princeton Review has named WIU a "Best Midwestern College."
In the U.S.News and World Report 2015 rankings, Western is listed 46th of 113 public and private schools on the top tier list of "Best Regional Universities." Western is one of four Illinois public universities appearing in the top 50. Of the 39 Midwestern public universities included, Western ranked 11th, among the 113 Midwestern universities recognized as a "Best Midwestern University." Along with the "Best Midwestern" ranking, Western is also recognized as a "best" institution by U.S.News and World Report for best online degree programs. WIU ranks 63rd out of 142 universities and colleges listed from across the U.S., and one of three Illinois public universities in the top three.
Western is one of 159 regional universities, and one of three Illinois public institutions, named to the "Best in the Midwest" list by The Princeton Review. The colleges and universities included in the "Best in the Midwest" list are located in 12 states: Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin. Collectively, the 649 colleges named "regional best(s)" comprise 25 percent of the nation's 2,500 four-year colleges, according to The Princeton Review.
You get this quality education at a four-year lock-in rate for tuition, fees, room and board. Guaranteed.
Did You Know?
- The 2015 Washington Monthly College Guide has recognized Western Illinois University as a "Best Bang for the Buck" Midwestern school. Western is 30th among 403 Midwestern colleges and universities, ranking in the top 7 percent, and among five Illinois public universities in the top 75 of the Midwestern school rankings. This is the third consecutive year that Western has appeared in the Washington Monthly College Guide. Western was also ranked 217th among 673 master's degree granting institutions from across the nation by the Washington Monthly.
- The University is also recognized by the U.S.News and World Report for offering a "Best Online Bachelor's Program for Veterans." Western placed 57th out of 185 schools across the nation and is the only Illinois public university to appear in the top 60 online bachelor's program rankings, and for the fourth consecutive year, WIU's distance learning program has been recognized by U.S.News 2015 Best Online Program rankings. Western was listed 63rd out of 214 colleges from across the U.S. in "Best Online Programs: Bachelor's" category and was one of four Illinois public universities in the top 100.
- For the sixth consecutive year, WIU has been named a "Military Friendly School." The list honors the top 15 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools that are doing the most to embrace America's military service members, veterans and spouses as students and ensure their success on campus - "2015 G.I. Jobs Guide to Military Friendly Schools," Victory Media.
For the fifth consecutive year, WIU has been selected as a "Best for Vets College" by Military Times EDGE magazine. Western, ranked 18th, is the only Illinois public university in the Top 20.
- Western Illinois University has been selected by Military Times as a "Best for Vets Business School." WIU's Master of Business Administration (MBA) program is ranked 36 out of the top 64, and Western is the one of only two Illinois public institutions appearing in the Top 50.
- For the fifth consecutive year, Western Illinois has been designated as a "Military Friendly School" by GI Jobs Magazine.
- Western Illinois University has been designated a "Top Military-Friendly University" in the Military Advanced Education (MAE) "2014 Guide to Military-Friendly Colleges & Universities."
- Visit our Veterans Resource Center for more details.