Important Dates and Deadlines
- Graduation applications must be filed with the School of Graduate Studies by March 10 . If received after that date, the graduation date will be moved to the next semester. (Must have a degree plan on file in the School of Graduate Studies before application can be accepted.)
- The Application for Graduation form can be found at http://www.wiu.edu/graduate_studies/current_students/forms/clear.pdf.
- Attending commencement does not guarantee graduation. All academic requirements must be complete and all paperwork on file in the School of Graduate Studies by May 26, 2017 before diplomas are awarded.
Cap and Gown Orders
- The University Bookstore is the sole provider of officially licensed Western Illinois University graduation regalia. Caps, gowns and tassels are available from the University Union Bookstore beginning March 28, 2017. Graduates will wear black caps and gowns.
- The cost is as follows:
- $32.50 for master and specialist degrees
- $75.00 for doctorate degree
- Orders may be shipped via UPS through May 5, 2017.
- For more information visit bookstore.wiu.edu/Graduation_ep_48.html.
- The University Union Bookstore and Document and Publication Services (DPS) offer two different styles of graduation announcements. See their respective websites for more information.
- Students must have their graduation application on file in the School of Graduate Studies office by March 10 . If received after that date, the graduation date will be moved to the next semester.
- Students who have invoked the Privacy Act will not have their names printed in the program or released to their local media by University Relations unless they sign a release form at the Office of the Registrar.
Grad Prep Day
- Quad Cities Grad Prep Day (Riverfront Campus Lobby) - Thursday, March 30 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Macomb Grad Prep Day (University Union Concourse) - Friday, March 31 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
More information can be found at www.wiu.edu/Alumni