Caps and Gowns
- The University Bookstore is the sole provider of officially licensed Western Illinois University graduation regalia. Caps, gowns and tassels are available from the University Union Bookstore beginning March 21, 2016. Graduates will wear black caps and gowns.
- The cost is as follows:
- $32.50 for master and specialist degrees
- $75.00 for doctorate degree
- Orders may be shipped via UPS until May 6, 2016.
- For more information visit www.bookstore.wiu.edu/Graduation_ep_48.html
- Students must have their graduation application on file in the School of Graduate Studies by May 10 in order for their names to appear in the program.
- Students who have invoked the Privacy Act will not have their names printed in the program or released to their local media by University Relations.
Hometown Newspaper Notification
The office of University Relations posts graduates' names, academic distinction, degrees and majors online at www.wiu.edu/CountyNews and sends a listing of graduates to hometown newspapers after degrees have been conferred, approximately 2-3 weeks after the ceremony.