Sport Management Association
Networking starts the first day you walk onto Western Illinois University’s campus. The people you meet in your classes will be your colleagues in the future. The Sport Management Association (SMA) enables students to develop these professional relationships through organized social activities. In addition, SMA members are provided opportunities for leadership roles, professional networking, and development activities. Students are involved in organized trips to cities to meet with professionals in the sport industry, hosting sport management professionals for on-campus lectures, and engaging in fundraising activities.
SMA Mission Statement: The mission of the Sports Management Association of Western Illinois University is to expand upon students' professional access and to provide networking opportunities and exposure to increase students’ marketability. These opportunities, along with the Sport Management curriculum, coincide to further prepare a generation of leaders in the sport industry.
- April 24, 2015 Golf as a Business Skill w/ Mel Blas
- April 30, 2015 End of the Year Bash / Graduate Party
- May 1-3, 2015 Professional Development Trip to Kansas City, MO
- February 2013 - Illinois State University Sports Management Symposium
- April 2013 - Professional Development Trip to Louisville, KY
- May 2013 - NASSM Conference (Austin, TX)
- October 2013 - St Louis Rams 2013 Sports & Entertainment Career Fair
- November 2013 - NASSS Conference (Quebec City, Quebec)
- February 2014 - SMWW NFL Combine Conference (Indianapolis, IN)
- March 2014 - Professional Development Trip to Minneapolis, MN
- September 2014 - WIU vs. Northwestern game & Alumni Social (Evanston, IL)
- October 2014 - Graduate Student Trip to St Louis, MO for Rams vs. Seahawks game
- November 2014 - NASSS Conference (Seattle, WA)
- January 2015 Professional Development Trip to Milwaukee, WI
To Learn More....
Dr. Algerian Hart
Courtney E. Johnson