Sport Management Association
Networking starts the first day you walk onto Western Illinois University’s campus. The people you meet in your classes will be your colleagues in the future. The Sport Management Association (SMA) enables students to develop these professional relationships through organized social activities. In addition, SMA members are provided opportunities for leadership roles, professional networking, and development activities. Students are involved in organized trips to cities to meet with professionals in the sport industry, hosting sport management professionals for on-campus lectures, and engaging in fundraising activities.
- February 2013 - Illinois State University Sports Management Symposium
- April 2013 - Professional Development Trip to Louisville
- May 2013 - NASSM Conference (Austin, TX)
- October 2013 - St Louis Rams 2013 Sports & Entertainment Career Fair
- November 2013 - NASSS Conference (Quebec City, Quebec)