Board of Trustees
Approved: November 16, 2001
Section VI. Physical Facilities
Subsection: C. Naming of Board Property
- The Board reserves the right to name all buildings (or parts
structures, facilities, streets, grounds, and other real
to the University.
- University property may be named for notable former
the University, distinguished former members of the Board,
substantial funds, or public persons of the State and Nation
or of any
- University property shall not be named for persons holding
or appointive office in national, state, or local government,
or employees of the Board of Trustees, or members or employees
Board of Higher Education during the term of their office or
- The University shall develop policies for the naming of
property. The policies and any changes shall become effective
by the President. The policies and any changes shall be
the Board by the President.
- The President shall make recommendations to the Board
naming of University property.