Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Provost & Academic Vice President
Office of the Provost and Academic Vice President
As chief academic officer, the Provost and Academic Vice President provides academic and internal leadership and serves as the primary representative for the President in his absence. The Provost and Academic Vice President is responsible for intellectual standards; academic planning and budgeting; and the recruitment, retention, and development of faculty. Other responsibilities include program development, review, and assessment; academic policies and procedures; and personnel actions involving faculty, academic support professionals, and administrative employees.
The Division of Academic Affairs identifies its academic priorities and goals through the Consolidated Annual Report process. The report supports the WIU Strategic Plan: Higher Values in Higher Education and serves as the framework for Academic Affairs to establish priorities in instruction, research, and public service.
The 750 faculty members within the division's 4 colleges and 41 departments and schools provide instruction for nearly 13,000 students. Programming includes 66 undergraduate degrees, 36 master's degrees, and 1 doctoral degree. A comprehensive honors curricula, diverse study abroad program, and growing distance learning opportunities complement the regular curriculum.
Highlights in Academic Affairs
- Memorandum of Agreement 2010-2015 Contract Extension
- 2013 Consolidated Annual Report Presentations
- 2013 Provost's Award of Excellence Winners
- 2013 Outstanding Academic Advisor Award Winner
- 2014 Outstanding Academic Advisor Award Nominations
- Open Meetings with Provost
- 2013 Faculty Assembly Video
- 2014 Distinguished Faculty Lecturer Lecture -- March 26, 2014
- Provost Award for Faculty Travel
- Provost's Advisory Committee