Library Atrium Society
The Library Atrium Society was created to support the Western Illinois University Libraries' collections and services through established funds and endowments. The dollars generated through membership support University Libraries' efforts to expand educational resources for our students, faculty and the general public. Over the past two (2) years, this fund has been used to support a variety of improvements, including:
- 31 new computers for the Library Computer Classroom in Malpass Library
- 10 iPads for the Curriculum Library
- An annual $1,000 Study Abroad Library Student Assistant Scholarship
- Two (2) cameras, five (5) camcorders and 20 digital voice recorders, available for checkout in the Digital Commons
- Two (2) printers for the second floor of Malpass Library
- Numerous special events, including the Physical Sciences Library’s Forensic Series and the Music Library’s Restoration Cathedral Music Symposium
- Recovering of 35 chairs in Malpass Library
- Potting soil for the over 2,000 plants in Malpass Library
Library Atrium Society members provide essential financial support to better University Libraries—financial support that the budget cannot fund but that is essential to our mission. Our needs going forward include:
- Capital facility projects
- Technology (laptops, printers, iPads)
- Library equipment (tables, chairs, study areas)
- Events (speaker series, exhibits, receptions)
Alumni, students, faculty, staff and community members who make a monetary or in-kind (e.g., books, DVDs, CDs, journals, etc.) contribution receive membership into the Library Atrium Society. You can give to the Library Atrium Society Fund at a variety of membership levels.
- Contributing Member: (Up to $99)
- Seedling ($100-$249)
- Library bookmark, advanced notice of library events via email
- Nurturer ($250-$499)
- Quarterly email newsletter "Footnotes"
- Cultivator ($500-$999)
- Two tickets to the Right Place Tent luncheon during Homecoming and a copy of the book Western Illinois University: The Campus History Series
- Gardener ($1,000-$2499)
- Naming of an Atrium plant in the donor's name or in memory of a loved one
- Champion Gardener ($2,500 and above)
- Exclusive event with the Dean of University Libraries
Members receive all benefits up to and including their donation level. Membership is based on annual giving to University Libraries. View the latest Library Atrium Society brochure.
To become a member of the Library Atrium Society, visit the donation page or call Suzanne Woodward, Director of Development at (309) 298-2356.
For additional information, contact Suzanne Woodward, Director of Development
Western Illinois University, 1 University Circle, Macomb, IL 61455.
ph: 309-298-2356 | fax: 309-298-2791