Prospective Students & Parents
As an Undergraduate Communication Major
you must complete:
- WIU's General Education requirements
- 42 credit hours of required and elective Communication courses, choosing one Option of study as your primary focus:
- Interpersonal Communication and Processes
- Social Influence
- Communication Studies
- An approved minor, available from over 35 different departments
Learn more about our Undergraduate Program.
To be considered for admission as a Communication Graduate Student
, you must have completed a bachelor's degree from an accredited university and meet the following requirements:
- have a cumulative GPA in all undergraduate work of a 2.75 (on a 4-point scale) or higher; or
- have a 3.0 GPA or higher in your last two years of undergraduate work
- all students born after December 31, 1956 and registering for the first time at WIU are required to provide evidence of immunization against measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, and diphtheria.
- International students must have a TOEFL score of 237 or higher on the 580 paper score
Learn more about our Graduate Program.