Clery Law Reports
In compliance with the Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act (Public Law 101-542) and as amended by the Higher Education Technical Amendments (Public Law 102-26), the following information represents WIU's disclosure of the Graduation Rates of all students and student athletes.
Graduation and Retention Rates
About 54.3 percent of full-time new freshmen and 70.3 percent of full-time new transfers who entered in the Fall of 2008 graduated from WIU by the Summer of 2014. Fall-to-Spring freshman retention rate was 90.1 percent for the Fall 2013 - Spring 2014 period. The Fall-to-Fall freshman retention rate was 72.1 percent for Fall 2013 - 2014.
Fall 2008 New Student Athletes Statistics
Graduation rates of students recruited for participation in intercollegiate athletics are evaluated annually. The total graduation rate for student athletes who received athletically-related aid and matriculated in Fall 2008 and graduated by August 2014 was 60.9 percent. Fifty-seven percent of men and 67 percent of women student athletes graduated. However, the small number of student athletes causes the graduation rate to fluctuate from year to year.
Fall 2008 New Freshmen Statistics
- Entering Full-Time New Freshmen (2008): 1,806
- Graduating within 6 years (by Summer 2014): 980 (54.3%)
- Non-completers (still enrolled) and completers > 6 yrs (Fall 2014): 111 (6.1%)
- Entering Student Athletes with Athletic Aid (Fall 2008): 69
- Graduating within 6 years (by Summer 2014): 42 (60.9%)
- Transferred to another institution: 593 (32.8%)