Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Accounting & Finance
State-of-the Art Accounting and Business Education - AACSB Accredited
For students in Accounting and Finance, WIU is the best of both worlds!
WIU is large enough to have outstanding faculty, an excellent library, and state-of-the-art computer equipment and technology, but small enough so a student is not lost in a crowd. Accounting and Finace students and their faculty mentors get to know each other in an environment that encourages a spirit of cooperation and the sharing of information and knowledge.
The excellence of the faculty and curriculum is recognized by the accreditation of all undergraduate and graduate programs in business by the AACSB International. The Accounting program holds a distinct AACSB International accounting accreditation, an achievement awarded to less than 170 accounting programs in the United States and Canada.
- Congratulations to senior accounting students Kelsey Korsmeyer and Stacie Seck! They have been selected as scholarship winners by the IMA (Institute of Management Accountants). Winners were selected based on academic achievement and involvement in their student IMA chapter. WIU's student chapter is SCIMA - Korsmeyer is the current president of SCIMA and Seck is former vice president of SCIMA. Both students will be working on their Masters of Accountancy at WIU in the fall.
- Area High School Students participate in Accounting Challenge, April 19
- CPA review course begins Friday, Jan. 18th
- SCIMA Team Advances to Nationals
- Amy Ford - IMA Mentor of the Year
- Newsletter Archives