Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Accounting & Finance
The Accountancy major is accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Bachelor of Business in Accountancy
The Department of Accounting and Finance provides a student-centered environment that promotes academic excellence, professional and personal growth, a spirit of collegiality, and ethical and professional conduct.
The 120 s.h. Bachelor of Business in Accountancy provides an emphasis on Management Accounting and preparation for:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
Special Opportunities in Accounting
Successful Western alumni and other practitioners often visit campus to discuss their own experiences and available career opportunities. Internships with a wide variety of businesses, accounting firms, and nonprofit organizations are available to interested students. Through the on-campus career fairs, students learn about the diverse job and internship opportunities open to Accountancy majors.
International travel and study, programs are available to those who would like to acquire valuable cross-cultural experience and/or language skills. Students can go abroad for a semester or participate in short-term programs ranging from two to six weeks. These experiences will make the individual more valuable to employers-a definite benefit in career advancement.EXPLORE CAREERS
- View a suggested four-year course plan
- View course descriptions in the undergraduate catalog
- Learn everything you need to know about sitting for the Uniform CPA Exam in Illinois. Download the Brochure here (pdf)
- Contact an academic advisor