Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Department of Psychology
Donate Online to Benefit the Psychology Department
The WIU Psychology Department relies on monetary gifts to secure some of the “extras” needed to better deliver educational services. Over the past several years, funds donated from friends and supporters like yourself have gone toward student scholarships, assistantships, student research and student employment; department lectures and other educational events; and equipment and materials needed to fulfill our educational mission.
A visit to the WIU Foundation Office’s website enables you to donate easily online. Upon entering the page at https://www.wiu.com/giving/purchase.asp, you will fill out a form that gives you the opportunity to select – from a drop-down menu - the fund to which you want to donate. If your wish is to donate to accounts that directly benefit the psychology department and its students, you are encouraged to select any of these department-specific funds:
- Under the Academic Programs/Colleges designation, select Psychology (to donate to the department’s general fund); OR
- Under the Scholarships designation, select from any of the following:
- Donald J. Poindexter Fund,
- Dr. James Joyce Scholarship Fund,
- Lori Lynne Myers School Psychology Scholarship Fund,
- Jim E. Ackil Research Fund,
- Eric Ward Teaching Assistants Fund,
- Alphons Richert Scholarship in Psychology: Clinical/Community Mental Health
Additional information about each of these scholarships for psychology students can be found here.