Academic Advising

My Student’s Housing & Dining

Connecting to my student’s campus can include living and dining arrangements to help them find comfort and safety in their home away from home. Below are a series of resources about housing, dining, and parking arrangements that will help your student navigate their time on and off campus.

Macomb Campus Specific Questions

Does my student have to live on campus? For how long?

All students with less than 60 credit hours who are under 24 years of age and live outside of the Macomb area are required to live on campus. View the housing policy for more details.

What does my student need to bring for move-in day?

Housing and Dining Services have a handy checklist of move-in items available for download here.

Computers are not required to bring to campus, but University Technology has recommendations on the minimum requirements for student-owned computers brought to campus.

All students can bring cars and bikes to campus. Visit for current permit rates and information.

When are breaks? Can my student stay on campus during break periods?

You can view when classes start, end, and have breaks by looking at our Academic Calendar. Details on available break housing can be found on Housing and Dining's website.

How can I purchase Rocky Dollars so my student can buy things from the vending machines and University Bookstore, and pay for laundry?

Visit the Rocky Dollars web page for details.

Quad Cities Campus Specific Questions

What off-campus housing options are available for students attending the WIU-Quad Cities campus?

View a list of off-campus housing resources here.

What are some on-campus and off-campus delivery options for dining at the WIU-Quad Cities campus?

View a list of WIU-Quad Cities food options here.

What options do I have for parking at the Quad Cities campus? Is a permit required? Can I use my parking permit at both the WIU Macomb and Quad Cities campuses?

All parking details, including information on permits, can be found here.