Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Do these faces look familiar to you? They should, they are just a few of the members on your Civil Service Employee Council!
Does your face belong up there too?
If you have interest in serving your fellow employees, get started by downloading a copy of the Statement of Candidacy form. Fill out the form and have your supervisor sign and then submit the completed form to any council member or Human Resources by March 31.
Forms are due March 31 with elections coming up in April.
We have four openings coming up this year with group members needed in the following areas:
- Service and Technical
- Union and Prevailing Wage
You may contact human resources for your group number, but everyone is welcome to submit a Statement of Candidacy.
- To work with the Director of Human Resources in the formation of policies relating to all Civil Service employees.
- To consider problems of Civil Service employees and to make recommendations to the Director of Human Resources and member or members representing this campus on the University Civil Service Advisory Committee to the Merit Board regarding same.
- To provide a medium for the passing of ideas and directives to the employee groups from the Director of Human Resources.
- To plan and organize social, recreational, and educational activities for Civil Service employees.
Civil Service Employee of the Month for April 2014
Chief Broadcasting Engineer
Department of Broadcasting