College of Arts and Sciences
University Writing Center
- Wondering when to come in? Locations and Hours
- Want to make an appointment? Call Us!
- Need a consultant with a certain specialty? Meet Our Staff
- Any type of writing
- Essays, lab reports, references, theses
- Graduate school applications
- Education Portfolios
- Cover letters and resumes
We Help You
- Figure out assignment prompts and what your teacher values
- Brainstorm ideas and topics
- Make drafts and go over revisions
- Do research and learn proper documentation
- Improve organization, audience, argument and support
We Do Not
- Write papers for students
- Look at grammar errors only
- Guarantee any grade
- The Quad Cities Writing Center is Holding a Saturday Seminar from 10am-12pm on March 25, 2017. Check out the seminar flyer for the two workshops. Registration in advance is required.
- One of our talented undergraduate consultants is elected as Midwestern Student Representative! This past weekend at the Midwestern Regional Caucus at the national Sigma Tau Delta convention (in Minneapolis) our excellent tutor, Haley Helgesen, was elected as the Midwestern Student Representative position, which involves duties throughout the year at the national and regional levels of the organization. Congrats, Haley!
- The UWC made it in the Honors College newsletter! “So often, the University Writing Center is defined as a remedial space, a space where only bad writers are sent to learn basic grammar skills that should have been learned long ago. Writing centers, however, are spaces for honors students too.” –Dr. Neil Baird, Director, University Writing Center. Check out the whole article here!
- Writing Center Consultant wins Student Employee of the Year! Brittani Wascher, one of our undergraduate writing tutors, won Student Employee of the year in 2014 due to her excellent work in the Writing Center. She was awarded a certificate and $750. Read about her award here.
Writing Matters: The Writing Center Newsletter
Introducing our first newsletter which touches on the importance of the writing center for all students in any discipline. This issue also highlights Brittani Wascher, one of our talented undergraduate consultants.