Guest & Conference Services
Meet at Western. Stay at Western.
Whether you are looking for overnight accommodations while visiting Macomb or looking for a site to host your camp or conference, our friendly staff, affordable rates, and convenient locations are sure to impress you. Scroll this page to explore WIU and what it has to offer!
We offer overnight guest accommodations for Western Illinois University students, parents, faculty and staff, alumni, and WIU affiliated guests. We can accomodate up to 2,000 guests.
Overnight accommodations include:
- Air Conditioned Rooms, Halls, and Buildings
- Clean, comfortable rooms that include two single beds, desk(s), wardrobe(s), and nightstand(s)
- Linens (pillow, blanket, linens, towel, and washcloth)
- 24 hour Front Desk Assistance
- High-Speed Internet
- Floor Lounges
- Community bathrooms/shower
- On-site Dining Center
Our campus’s unique blend of facilities can easily accommodate any group.
We offer meeting spaces, electronic classrooms, auditoriums, quality food service, indoor and outdoor recreational opportunities, and much more!
- The Donald S. Spencer Student Recreation Center, which offers Basketball Courts, Volleyball Court, Badminton Courts, Aquatic Center, Racquetball Courts, Ping Pong Tables and more
- Horn Field Campus, located one mile south of Macomb, this 92 acre retreat includes woodlands, prairie, and several miles of nature trails. The atmosphere is rustic and relaxed, a perfect place for family reunions, youth group get-togethers, business meetings, weddings, professional and academic conferences, office retreats, and other gatherings.
- We offer multiple meeting facilities across campus, with seating for ten up to 1,000.
Getting to WIU
Western Illinois University's campus is located in the rural community of Macomb, Illinois.
The beautifully landscaped campus has more than 60 buildings on more than 1,000 acres, including nine residence halls, a 300-acre farm, and an 18-hole golf course.
Western Illinois University is located in Macomb, Illinois, at the hub of Highways 67 (north-south) and 136 (east-west).
From the Chicago area: Travel west on I-88 or I-80.
- On I-88W, take exit #1A to I-74 east to Peoria.*
- On I-80 W, take exit I-74 east to Peoria.*
- On I-74 east, exit #46A to U.S. 34 west to Galesburg/Monmouth.
- At Monmouth, take Highway 67 south, 30 miles to Macomb.
- Amtrak provides swift, affordable rail service from Chicago to Macomb with nine stops en route.
From St. Louis and other points south: Take U.S. 67 north to Macomb or take I-70 west or U.S. 40/61 north to U.S. 61 north.
- At Hannibal, take U.S. 36 east to I-172/U.S. 336 north to Carthage, to U.S. 136 east to Macomb.
- From eastern Illinois: Find the most convenient route to U.S. 136 and travel west to Macomb.
|Bloomington/Normal||2 hours||Ft. Madison, IA||1 hour|
|Burlington, IA||1 hour||Keokuk, IA||1 hour|
|Carbondale||5 hours||Peoria||1.5 hours|
|Campaign/Urbana||2.5 hours||Quad Cities||1.5 hours|
|Chicago||4 hours||Quincy||1.25 hours|
|Chicago North Suburbs||4.5 hours||Rockford||3.5 hours|
|Chicago South/West Suburbs||3.5 hours||Springfield||1.5 hours|
|Effingham||3.75 hours||St. Louis, MO||3 hours|