Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
University Housing & Dining
UHDS Posting & Solicitation Policy
Posting Information in the Residence Halls
The University will not approve any information that is deemed to be racist, sexist, indecent, scandalous, illegal, inciting, or in any way oppressive in nature. Each hall has established locations where materials may be posted. Any group or organization wishing to post information in more than one residence hall must have the material approved and distributed by UHDS. In order to ensure timely and relevant information, materials must be delivered to Seal Hall 142 at least five (5) business days prior to the desired date of posting and will only be posted for a maximum of seven (7) days.
A limited amount of posting space is designated in each residence hall for outside entities (14 locations; public areas only). The sponsoring organization is responsible for making copies of their materials. Postings must be 11x17 or smaller in size and must not contain any adhesive material. Outside organizations/entities may not post on residential floors. Complex Directors approve information in the halls as it relates to residence hall staff programs and hall government.
Residence Hall Poster Distribution List
Bayliss/Henninger - 2
Corbin/Olson - 2
Linc/Wash/Grote - 3
Tanner - 2
Thompson - 2
GFH/EV/UV/Westbrook House - 2
Res Life/Seal 142 - 1
Information Tables in the Residence Halls
University Housing & Dining Services allows Western Illinois University registered student organizations and University agencies to request a table in the dining centers for the purpose of presenting information to students. All requests are subject to approval by UHDS and scheduled on a “first come, first serve” basis. The requestor will receive an email with the status of the request within three business days of submitting the request form.
Standard set-up includes one table and two chairs.
- Table reservation requests must be submitted at least seven (7) days in advance of the desired date.
- Table reservation is limited to dinner hours (5:00 pm – 7:00 pm) on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- The purpose of the information to be presented to students should in no way, conflict with the mission of University Housing & Dining Services.
- Individuals or organizations who violate any University policy, and/or employ any form of deception in the completion and submission of necessary University Housing and Dining Services request materials or who misrepresent their activities or services in their communications with any University personnel or resident, will be prohibited indefinitely from future activities in any University Housing & Dining Services areas and any permissions already granted for activity may be revoked.
- Table usage by on-campus registered student organizations and University agencies may be scheduled for a maximum of five (5) times/semester.
- Participants must leave the area in the order it was when arriving. All materials must be cleaned up upon departure.
- Solicitation of goods and services, and exchange of cash or credit card information is prohibited.
- Participants must remain at the table. If they leave to approach students, they will be asked to leave the building.
All items MUST be brought to the Residence Life Office, Seal Hall 142, for approval and distribution. Advance labeling and sorting will speed up the process. Items for display in the University Union must be approved by the Office of Student Activities, (OSA), located on the first floor. Items for display in Academic buildings must be approved, by the Dean's Office, of each academic building.