Quad Cities Campus
Financial Aid - Paying for your Education
For many students and families, the cost of attending college can be too great to manage alone – for this reason, WIU Financial Aid Office is available to assist eligible students in obtaining financial aid so they may achieve their educational goals. There are many types of financial aid available, including grants, loans, scholarships, and student employment.
In general, financial aid can be used to pay tuition, fees, books, supplies, and certain living expenses. To be sure you receive the money you are eligible for, it is best to plan ahead. The financial aid process may take up to 8-12 weeks, so start your application process early (as soon as January 1)!
Getting Started Topics
Welcome to the 2014/15 school year!
Important Fall information
- Documents submitted before July 15, 2014 have priority for processing before school starts. Items submitted after this date will be processed in date order.
- Short Term Book Loans begin Monday, August 18th for those with an award letter. Stop by the office to pick up an application. If your award letter is not yet complete and you need help procuring your books, please set up an appointment with Heather Calvert.
- Federal Direct Loans will begin coming into the university the week of August 18th and will continue to arrive on campus through the first several weeks of school.
- The refund process is set to begin Wednesday, August 20th, with funds deposited in your personal account as early as Friday, August 22nd and continuing through the next several weeks. If you have any questions about your refund, please contact Billing and Receivables: 309-298-1831.
- Consortium Agreement paperwork is still available for those taking classes at Black Hawk College or Easter Iowa Community College District. If you have not submitted yours, pick up a packet from the Student Services reception desk, or the Financial Aid Office.