Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Information on the February 10, 2010 earthquake near Sycamore Illinois can be found at the following sites:
- Earthquake Summary for the February 10, 2010 Earthquake from U.S. Geological Survey – This site deals specifically with the February 10, 2010 earthquake. It includes links to maps and the USGS Did You Feel It? site, which can be used to report whether an earthquake was felt.
Information on the April 18, 2008 earthquake near Bellmont, Illinois can be found at the following sites:
- U.S. Geological Survey, 2008. M5.2 Mount Carmel, Illinois Earthquake of 18 April 2008. Denver: The Survey. – This is the link to the summary poster of the Mt. Carmel, Illinois earthquake. The poster consists of 6 maps on a page that is 36" X 24".
- Earthquake Summary for the April 18, 2008 Earthquake from U.S. Geological Survey – This site deals specifically with the April 18, 2008 earthquake. It includes links to maps and the USGS Did You Feel It? site, which can be used to report whether an earthquake was felt.
Illinois Geologic Maps & Earthquake Information
- Kolata, Dennis R., 2005. Bedrock Geology of Illinois. Illinois Map 14. Urbana: Illinois State Geological Survey. Scale 1:500,000
- Illinois State Geological Survey. Quaternary Deposits. ISGS 8.5X11 map series. Urbana: Illinois State Geological Survey
- Illinois Earthquake Maps - Several maps related to earthquakes in Illinois can be found at this web site.
- Earthquake Fact Sheets - short summaries of information related to earthquakes in Illinois can be found at this site.
- Earthquake Information from the Illinois Emergency Management Agency - this site contains information and links to resources related to Illinois Earthquakes.
General Earthquake Information Resources
- USGS Earthquake Hazards program – This is the main U.S. Geological Survey site which can be used to find information on recent earthquakes.
- Central United States Earthquake Consortium - The consortium is made up of a group of states in the central United States that works to develop plans for earthauake response and recovery.
- Did You Feel It? - A web site which can be used to report whether an earthquake was felt.
- Dart, Richard L. and Volpi, Christina M., 2010. Earthquakes in the Central United States, 1699-2010 . U.S. Geological Survey General Information Product 115. Denver, CO: The Survey. This publication provides information on historical and recent earthquakes in the Central United States.
- Wheeler, Russell L. and others, 2003. Three Centuries of Earthquakes: Earthquakes in the Central United States, 1699-2002 . USGS Geologic Investigations Series I-2812. Shows the distribution of earthquakes in the Central United States, focusing on Illinois and Indiana.
- Wheeler, R. L. and others, 1997. Seismotectonic map showing faults, igneous rocks, and geophysical and neotectonic features in the vicinity of the lower Wabash Valley, Illinois, Indiana, and Kentucky . USGS Geologic Investigations Series Map I-2583-D. Denver, CO: U.S. Geological Survey. Map plus 24 page text.
- California Seismic Safety Commission, 2005. Homeowner’s Guide to Earthquake Safety . Sacramento, CA: The Commission. 49 pages.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency, 2005. Earthquake Safety Guide for Homeowners . Washington, D.C.: The Agency. 38 pages.
- Heigold, Paul C. and Larson, Timothy, 1990. Seismicity of Illinois. Environmental Geology Note 133. Champaign: Illinois State Geological Survey. Malpass Library, 4th Floor. Illinois Documents 550.8 ENVI no.133
- Illinois Emergency Management Agency, 1992. Earthquakes in Illinois. Springfield, Ill.: The Agency. 7 p. Malpass Library, 4th Floor. Illinois 363.3495 EART 1992
- Page developed by Linda Zellmer - revised 08/9/2012
- Government Information & Data Services Librarian
- Western Illinois University Libraries
- Advertising and the Law
- Affirmative Action
- Alcohol and Related Problems on Campus
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Alternative Medicine
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Animal Research and Humane Care
- Aviation Safety
- Capital Punishment
- Child Abuse
- Child Care
- Children and Television
- Citizenship & Immigration Services
- Confined Animal Feeding Operations
- Cuban Missile Crisis
- DNA Testing of Criminals
- Domestic Violence
- Drinking and Driving
- Drone Warfare
- Drug Legalization
- Drug Testing
- Earthquakes (Illinois)
- Eating Disorders
- Elder Abuse
- Elderly and Health Care
- Electronic Surveillance
- Endangered Species and Wildlife Conservation
- Financial Crisis
- Flag Desecration
- Global Warming
- Gulf War Illness
- Gun Control
- Hate Crimes
- Hazardous Waste Disposal
- Health Care Reform
- Home schooling
- Homosexuals in the Military
- Intellectual Property
- JFK Assassination
- Juvenile Justice
- Korean War
- Learning Disabilities
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Operation Desert Shield/Storm
- Physician Assisted Suicide
- Police Misconduct
- Prison Reform
- POW and MIAs
- Problems of Adolescence
- Product Liability
- Reproductive Technology
- Same-Sex Marriage
- School Prayer
- School Violence
- Seat Belts
- Sexual Harrassment in Education
- Sexual Harrassment in the Workplace
- Sexual Orientation Discrimination
- Small Business
- Space Exploration
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Vietnam War
- Violence in Mass Media
- Welfare Reform
- Women in Business
- World War I
- World War II