The next university-wide Graduate Research Conference will be held on March 3, 2017.
The conference will be held in the University Union.
Proposal submissions due January 20, 2017. *Deadline extended to January 27, 2017.*
Students who submit an abstract agree to present if accepted.
All accepted abstracts will be posted on the Graduate Studies website in February.
Graduate Research Conference
The WIU School of Graduate Studies will host the fourth annual university-wide Graduate Research Conference next spring on March 3, 2017 in the University Union. All WIU graduate students interested in participating are encouraged to submit a proposal for a poster, paper presentation, or performance online by January 20, 2017. Deadline extended to January 27, 2017.
Congratulations to the 2017 Graduate Research Conference Award Winners:
- 1st Place - Md Imtiaz Khalil (Biology) "The Effect of Arbuscular Mycorrhizae on Defense related Gene Expression of Tobacco Plants when facing Herbivory Challenges"
- 2nd Place - Lukas K. Sotola (General Experimental Psychology) "The Effects of System Justification and Reminders of Ingroup Disadvantage on Just World Beliefs"
- 3rd Place - Alex Walker (Economics) "Impacts on Prices Paid to Colombian Coffee Growers"
- 1st Place - Jason Shores (Theatre: Acting) and Monica Tate (Theatre: Acting) "Composing Theatrical Stories Informed from the Reduced and Essential Elements of Source Material 'Metropolis'"
- 2nd Place - Jeff Allen Young (Theatre Performance/Acting) and Brett John Olson (MFA Theatre) "Holistic Acting Training, and its Application to the Irene Ryan Acting Scholarship"
- 1st Place - Nancy Dixon (History) "The Silenced and Naked People: Representations of the Philippines and Filipinos at The Quincy Museum"
- 2nd Place - Emma Trone (Biology) "Evaluating Gene Expression in Chronic Wasting Disease Infected White-Tailed Deer"
- 3rd Place - Oluwasola Ayosanmi (Public Health) "Perception of HIV/AIDS Vulnerability and the Screening Tests among Youths"