Western Illinois University - Quad Cities - Academics
Web Tools and Search Bar
The Department of Health Sciences offers a one credit "Pre-Internship" class to be taken the semester before students enroll in their Internship. It is strongly recommended that all students take advantage of this.
Attending a General Orientation Pre-Internship meeting is REQUIRED for all undergraduate and graduate majors who do not take the "Pre-Internship" class and who wish to intern in 2014.
Fall 2013 Pre-Internship meetings
- September 10, Tuesday, 4:30-6:00pm, Stipes 107
- September 11, Wednesday, 5:30-7:00pm, Stipes 107
Summer 2013 Internship Oral & Poster Presentations
Friday, July 26; 1:00-4:00pm, Stipes 501
Fall 2013 Internship Oral & Poster Presentations
Tuesday, December 3; 1:00-4:00pm, Stipes 501
Application Deadlines - See the materials below for application forms and guidelines.
Summer Internships: April 1
Fall Internships: May 1
Spring Internships: November 1
WIU Minority Internship Program (MIP). For further information, go to
- http://www.wiu.edu/news/newsrelease.php?release_id=9517 and/or
- http://www.wiu.edu/cas/african_american_studies/faq.php. Call 309.298.1181 or e-mail MIP@wiu.edu.
Internship Handbook & Guidelines (Additional Guidelines will be on WesternOnline)
- Internship Handbook 2013 (.docx) - THE SOURCE FOR ALL INTERNSHIP INFORMATION
- Internship Summary Paper Guidelines (.docx)
PLEASE SEE p. 5 OF INTERNSHIP HANDBOOK 2012 FOR THE LATEST APPLICATION INFORMATION. A complete internship application must also include:
- Site and Supervisor Information (.pdf)
- Internship Placement Agreement (.doc) (word-processed)
- Waiver (.pdf form)
For more information about the internship program, call or email the Internship Coordinator, Dr. Jeanne Clerc at JM-Clerc@wiu.edu, phone: 309-298-2223, or FAX 309-298-2076