Where does the money go?
Some of the money that we collect from the entry fees received will pay for the costs associated with the event (gifts, prizes, marketing, etc.) The remaining $$ will be applied to the following:
- 50% of the $$ will be directed toward the Donna Phillips Scholarship Fund
- 50% of the $$ will be used to fund student travel to professional conferences. Examples of professional conferences our students have attended include:
- AASP (Association for Applied Sport Psychology)
- IAHPERD (Illinois Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation & Dance
- IATA (Illinois Athletic Trainers Association)
- GLATA (Great Lakes Athletic Trainers Association)
- NATA (National Athletic Training Association)
- NSCA (National Strength & Conditioning Association)
- NASSM (North American Society for Sport Management)
- SHAPE America (Society of Health and Physical Educators)
The money collected from any additional donations to specified funds will be deposited directly to that fund.