Where does the money go?
The money that we collect from the $25 entry fee will pay for the costs associated with the event (gifts, prizes, marketing, etc.) The remaining $$ will be applied to the following:
- 50% of the $$ will be directed toward the Donna Phillips Scholarship Fund
- 50% of the $$ will be used to fund student travel to professional conferences. Examples of professional conferences our students have attended include:
- IAHPERD (Illinois Assocation for Health, Physical Education, Recreation & Dance
- IATA (Illinois Athletic Trainers Association)
- GLATA (Great Lakes Athletic Trainers Association)
- NATA (National Athletic Training Association)
- NSCA (National Strength & Conditioning Association)
- NASSM (North American Society for sport Management)
- SHAPE America (Society of Health and Physical Educators)
The money collected from any additional donations to specified funds will be deposited directly to that fund.