Centennial Honors College
1st Annual Dr. Jill M. Brody/McDonough Eye Associates Pre-Med Symposium | March 8th, 2017 from 5-7 PM | Lamoine Room, University Union
Sponsored and organized by the Centennial Honors College, the inaugural Pre-Med Symposium will provide an opportunity for students to learn about medical school while interacting with medical school representatives. Participants will gain exposure to current medical trends and topics, as well as hear of real-life experiences from WIU alumni.
5-6 PM | Medical School Table Fair
5:45 | Opening Remarks by Vice President Brad Bainter
6:00 | Keynote Speaker
6:20 | Distinguished All Western Panel
The event begins with a table fair at 5 PM and welcome by WIU Vice President of Advancement and Public Service, Brad Bainter, and the Centennial Honors College at 6 PM.
Recruiters will also be available from the following law schools:
- Drake University, College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Loyola University, Stritch School of Medicine
- Marion University, College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Midwestern University, College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
- Southern Illinois University, School of Medicine
- University of Illinois Chicago, College of Pharmacy
- University of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine
- Washington University, School of Medicine
Representatives from McDonough District Hospital will also be available to field questions and discuss shadowing and mentor opportunities for students.
The symposium will also include a panel discussion made up current medical school students and practitioners:
- Dr. Jill Brody, Opthamology
- Dr. Amy High, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Jeffrey Liles, Medical Student at Loyola Medical School
Event sponsors include: Jill M Brody, MD/McDonough Eye Associates, Dr. Amy High, Dr. Donald Dexter, Dr. Russell R. Dohner, Dr. Dennis and Virginia Samuelson and the Western Illinois University Foundation
The event is open and free to the WIU community. Students interested in the study of medicine and those in classes addressing medical issues are encouraged to attend.
If you would like to know more, please stop by the Honors College or call at 309-298-2228 or contact AN-Geisler@wiu.edu.