Centennial Honors College
Honors Mentor Tips for Being Successful
- Contact your Mentee by phone or email once a week. Communication is the key to success!
- Respond to communication from your Mentee within 24 hours.
- Check your email daily to check for correspondence from your Mentee.
- Attending extracurricular activities with your Mentee can build a strong bond.
- Always be aware of a variety of events and programs being offered on campus and in the surrounding communities. The Honors Weekly E-Letter is a great source for upcoming events and information regarding the Centennial Honors College and the University.
- You and your Mentee are members of the Student Honors Association! There are bi-weekly meetings that you can attend together.
- If your Mentee is in an organization, support them by showing up to an event or meeting.
- If you are in need of any ideas, have questions or concern, feel free to contact Janell McGruder at 309-298-2228 or by email at JL-McGruder@wiu.edu.