Honors Mentee Tips
- You should contact your Mentor once a week via email or phone. Communication is the key to success!
- Check your email daily for correspondence from your Mentor.
- Respond to correspondence from your Mentor within 24 hours.
- Use your Mentor as a resource. Feel free to contact your Mentor if you have any questions about the University or the surrounding community. Your Mentor is here to assist you.
- Make your Mentor aware of any events, performances, or meetings that you would like for him or her to attend with you.
- If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact Janell McGruder at 309-298-2228 or by email at JL-McGruder@wiu.edu.