School of Computer Sciences
Welcome to the School of Computer Sciences
Welcome to the School of Computer Sciences at Western Illinois University. Our mission is to provide our students with an exceptional and comprehensive education in computer science, network technologies, information systems, and other associated professional disciplines.
Our graduates enjoy a wide range of exciting and interesting careers as systems analyst, database administrators, network administrators, operating systems programmers, software engineers, web software developers, network analysts, LAN specialists, distributed systems analysts, telecommunications analysts, and systems security administrators.
- Computer Science
- Traditional option
- Microcomputer Applications option
- Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Network Technologies
- Undergraduate students: Approximately 250
- Graduate students: Approximately 140
- Faculty: 26
- The Computer Science Minor is available online as well as on campus in Macomb.
- The Masters of Computer Science is the most popular graduate degree at WIU.
- The bachelor's degrees in Computer Science, Information Systems, and Network Technologies can be completed in 4 years or less with WIU's GradTrac program.
Integrated Baccalaureate and Master's Degree
Bachelor and Master of Science in Computer Science: Please refer to the graduate catalog for detailed information.
Why Choose Computer Science at WIU?
Our students have access to leading-edge computing technology in the School of Computer Sciences. You will gain experience on a variety of computing equipment.
- Laboratories full of the latest microcomputers from Dell and Apple
- A networking laboratory with CISCO networking equipment
- Enterprise-class computers from SUN Microsystems
- A large IBM Mainframe
With the experience you'll gain at WIU, you'll be well equipped to make key technology decisions during your working career.
Our faculty have a variety of experience, degrees, and research interests. At WIU, you will learn from experts in artificial intelligence, computer architecture, computer graphics, computer languages, databases, distributed processing, networking, simulation, and software engineering.
- Oct 26, 2016: Social Entrepreneurship Salon
- Oct 28, 2016: School of Agriculture Open House
- Oct 31, 2016: Compuware: Mainframe Solutions Corporation
- Dec 2, 2016: School of Engineering Open House
- Feb 27, 2017: Social Entrepreneurship Salon
- Mar 23, 2017: Social Entrepreneurship Salon
- Apr 7, 2017: School of Engineering Open House
- May 5, 2017: School of Engineering Open House
- Spring Registration in Early to...
- Annual Stuff the Bus Event Nov. 9
- WIU School of Ag Fall 2016 Open...
- U.S. Dept. of Ed $400K+ Grant to...
- Ramirez Helps Develop Women in...
- Bounce For Breast Cancer Awareness
- Accountancy Alumnus Issues...
- WIU SCM Students Visit Washington, D.C.