October 7-8, 2016
"Rocky in Space: Our Pride is Out of This World"
Thursday, September 29, 2016
- 5:30-7:30 p.m. Celebrating Town & Gown
Friday, September 30, 2016
- Paint the Paws
- 4-5 p.m. Library Homecoming Scavenger Hunt, Malpass Library
- 5-9 p.m. All-Alumni Social, Alumni House (Complimentary food, beer, wine and soda; cash bar available)
Saturday, October 8, 2016
- 7-7:45 a.m. Old Stompin' Ground Runaround Registration, Alumni House
- 8 a.m. Old Stompin' Ground Runaround: 5K Run/1.5 mile walk
- 8:30 a.m. Reunion Recognition Brunch & Social, Alumni House
- 9:30 a.m. All-Alumni Breakfast, Alumni House (Complimentary coffee and donuts)
- 10:30 a.m. Homecoming Parade
- Noon-3 p.m. Alumni Cookout at "The Right Place" tent - in Q LOT
- 3 p.m. Leathernecks Football Game vs. Indiana State - Hanson Field
Tickets will not be mailed. The Homecoming football ticket sales are final. Therefore, all tickets purchased through the WIU Alumni Association are non-refundable.
- 7:30 p.m. WIU Choirs Homecoming Concert with Alumni Choir
**If you order mums, t-shirts, football tickets and/or lunch tickets, you can pick them up at the Alumni House any time on Friday and until 11:30 a.m. on Saturday morning. After 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, tickets/mums/t-shirts will be taken down to The Right Place tent, which is north of Hanson Field. You can pick up your items there. Any football tickets not picked up by 3:00 p.m. (game time) on Saturday will be left at the will call window at the stadium.
New in 2016
Be sure to join us under the big tend in a new location in Q-Lot from noon-3 p.m. to enjoy our Homecoming tailgate before the Leathernecks take on Indiana State. Everyone is welcome - no invitation needed. While there, you'll see the following colleges and departments in decorated golf carts coming around to greet all of our alumni and friends for Homecoming 2016. See you there!
- Bachelor of Arts in General Studies
- Centennial Honors College
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business and Technology
- College of Education and Human Services
- College of Fine Arts and Communication
- Student Services
- University Libraries
Rocky's Road Trip: All Roads Lead to Western
Permits will not be required in lots as of 5 p.m. Friday, until 7 a.m. Monday, with the exception of residence hall lots. Visitor parking is not allowed in reserved residence hall lots. Tickets will be issued to violators in handicapped spaces, reserved spaces and no parking zones (any area not designated as a parking space). If you have any questions or special parking needs, such as handicapped parking, please contact parking services at (309)298-1921.
Save the Dates for future WIU Homecoming Weekends
Homecoming 2017--Sept. 29-30, 2017