October 2, 2012
- Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) Classes will be Tuesdays in October.
- Time: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Location: Donald S. Spencer Student Recreation Center
- Description: Rape Aggression Defense Classes to begin in October...register now!
Classes will take place in the Spencer Student Recreation Center, Colgate Room and Racquetball Courts.
OCTOBER 2, 9, 16 & 23
Classes will include:
- Avoiding victimization
- Patterns of Date Rape Encounter
- Basic Principles of Defense
- Full-speed, hands-on exercise
- Dynamic Simulation Training
Pre-registration is required.
The 12-hour course taught by RADcertified police officers, Jerry Allen, Kerrie Bishop, Nate Garlick, Jerel Jones, Derek Watts, and Sarah Worthington, costs $20.00 per person and includes a RAD manual.
Students may charge the fee to their University accounts.
Lifetime retraining is FREE. Previous participants are welcome to attend the courses at no cost.
For more information or to register, visit the Office of Public Safety (Mowbray Hall) or contact Corporal Bishop at (309) 298-1949.
This event is co-sponsored by Campus Recreation Interpersonal Violence Prevention Initiative, Student Judicial Programs, University Counseling Center, and Women's Center.
- Related Web Site: RAD Classes Set to Begin
- Contact Information:
Phone: (309) 298-1949
- Source: Campus Recreation