February 5, 2020
- 1st Wednesday: Community Art Outreach by the Department of Art & Design
- Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Heating Plant Annex (HPA)
University Art Gallery
- Description: First Department of Art & Design First Wednesday for 2020!
No experience necessary.
Wednesday, February 5, 7-9pm
Location: Garwood Hall, Heating Plant Annex, University Art Gallery
February’s First Wednesday will be a celebration of art making and love for our community!
- Professor Bill Howard will be printmaking.
- Draw with Professor Jan Clough.
- Silkscreen Valentines with Professor Susan Czechowski.
- Come paint with Professor Tim Waldrop.
- Fashion your own “Valentine” ornaments with Professor Kat Myers.
- Large scale castle clay building with Professor Ian Shelly.
- Professor Duke Oursler will be carving soap .
- Paint with Professor Tim Waldrop.
- Professor Damon McArthur will be leading a cartoon caption contest.
- Dr. Ta-Teh Ku and the Art Education students will be designing Robert Indiana inspired “LOVE” keychains.
The University Art Gallery will be open with Joyce Polance’s exhibition “Turbulence.”
Erin Furminsky and Sarah Smelser with have an exhibition entitled “A Brief Rhythm.”
The HPA Annex Gallery is featuring Danielle Weigant, “Beyond the Lattice.”
The event is free, open to all ages, and welcomes visitors from campus and the surrounding community/region. With a great deal of collaboration and much resourcefulness,
First Wednesday has relied on numerous donations of materials from businesses like Blick Art Materials in Galesburg, Illinois, and through monetary support from the Performing Arts Society.
Free. Open to all ages. Student and family friendly!
- Related Web Site: Department of Art & Design
- Contact Information:
Phone: (309) 298-1549
- Source: Public Events