June 21, 2018
- The Dead Filmmaker's Society: Les Enfants Du Paradis
- Time: 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
- Location: Sandburg Theater
- Description: June 21 – "Les Enfants Du Paradis" (Children of Paradise, France, 1945): Made under difficult conditions in Nazi-occupied France, this epic period romance set in the theatrical world of 19th-century Paris is considered one of the undisputed masterpieces of the cinema, and a perfect showcase for the exquisite artistry of famed mime Jean-Louis Barrault. The film is shown in French with English subtitles.
The summer film favorite, "The Dead Filmmakers Society," returns this year with showings at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday nights in Western Illinois University's Sandburg Theater in the University Union.
All screenings are open free to the public and many films will be preceded by selected short subjects. All films are from the private collection of WIU film Professor Richard Ness, who will serve as the host of the series.
- Related Web Site: English Department
- Contact Information:
- Source: Department of English