June 17, 2018
- The Dead Filmmaker's Society: The Loved One
- Time: 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
- Location: Sandburg Theater
- Description: June 17 – "The Loved One" (1965): Advertised as "The movie with something to offend everyone," this twisted adaptation of Evelyn Waugh's satire on the funeral industry features an all-star cast, including Rod Steiger, John Gielgud, Jonathan Winters (in two roles), Paul Williams as a teen scientist, Liberace as a casket salesman and the astonishing Ayllene Gibbons as Mrs. Joyboy. The film was co-written by Christopher Isherwood and Terry Southern.
The summer film favorite, "The Dead Filmmakers Society," returns this year with showings at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday nights in Western Illinois University's Sandburg Theater in the University Union.
All screenings are open free to the public and many films will be preceded by selected short subjects. All films are from the private collection of WIU film Professor Richard Ness, who will serve as the host of the series.
- Related Web Site: English Department
- Contact Information:
- Source: Department of English