November 14, 2013
- CAS Student Council presents The Last Lecture Series by Dr. Tracy Knight, Department of Psychology
- Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Location: Morgan Hall 109
- Description: The College of Arts and Sciences Student Council presents the “Last Lecture Series” November 14th at 7 p.m. in Morgan Hall 109. Dr. Tracy Knight of the WIU Department of Psychology will present his “Last Lecture” entitled, "Without a Net: Living with the Joy of Uncertainty."
The Last Lecture presentation will provide an informal occasion for Dr. Knight to share reflections from his life's journey and to speak to students as if it was his last lecture ever. The concept of a "Last Lecture" became nationally recognized in 2007 with Dr. Randy Pausch, who gave his "Last Lecture" speech on September 18, 2007 at Carnegie Mellon University. Dr. Pausch’s best-selling book by the same name was chosen as WIU’s First Year Experience reading selection for 2010-2011. Since Dr. Pausch’s presentation, the “last lecture” concept has been popularized and offered on college campuses throughout the U.S.
This is an approved FYE event and free and open to the public.
For more information, visit the College or Arts & Sciences website.
Contact Info: College of Arts and Sciences Student Council
Samantha Morrow, Student Council President
Dr. Russell Morgan, Student Council Advisor
- Related Web Site: Related Site
- Contact Information:
Dr. Russell Morgan
- Source: College of Arts & Sciences