May 3, 2013
- Alumni & Friends Private Viewing of Picasso at The Art Institute of Chicago
- Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
The Art Institute of Chicago
111 South Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60603
- Description: Please join the WIU Alumni Association for a social at The Art Institute of Chicago for a private viewing of the Picasso special exhibition.
A century ago, in 1913, the Art Institute of Chicago became the first art museum in the country to present the work of a young Spaniard who would become the preeminent artist of the 20th century, Pablo Picasso. The museum celebrates the special 100-year relationship between Picasso and Chicago by bringing together over 250 of the finest examples of the artist's paintings, sculptures, prints, drawings, and ceramics from private collections in the city, as well as from the museum's collection, for the first large-scale Picasso exhibition organized by the museum in almost 30 years.
Delicious hors d'oeuvres and cash bar $20/person registration:
- Jerk chicken on a plaintain chip with mango salsa
- Caprese crostini with red and yellow cheery tomatoes, mozzarella, fresh basil and olive oil
- Toasted walnut raisin bread with fourme d'Ambert, honey and basil
- Citrus braised baby beet and goat cheese spoon
- Baked mushrooms filled with asiago cheese and sun dried tomatoes
- Mini white cheddar grilled cheese with fig jam
Parking is available near The Art Institute at Grant Park North and South and Millennium Park garage.
- Related Web Site: Online Event Registration
- Contact Information:
- Source: Alumni